Saturday, May 12, 2007

Durham Update - Week 2

It is the second week of work now. Things are pretty busy around the lab. I got stuck with the job of preparing a talk for Monday, the start of my third week. The first week we spent moving the entire lab to a new building, so that week doesn't really count. I walked over to my old building (aptly named Gross Chemistry Building) to snap a picture, and the camera died. I did get a picture of the walkway to the building.


I snapped a picture of new building, which is great. New countertops, floors, new smell. Luckily I'll be here for the very first year in its existence, when it is at its peak.


This last Thursday I went with Lori and Daniel (another friend) to catch a AAA baseball game. Tickets were $6!!! Try finding that in a major league park. This is the baseball team made famous by the movie Bull Durham. With the smoke snorting cow in left field. This is a new stadium for the team, about 10 years old, but they moved the cow over from the old stadium so it is still here. See the pics below!

No comments: