Friday, August 10, 2007

Denmark - Day 8 through 12

Work week. We have been getting in to lab around 9am every morning and then working until about 6:30 or 7. Results here are up and down. Somethings are working and somethings are not, but that is typical regardless of the lab. Some things never change.

Here's a picture of almost everyone in the AFM room trying to measure the topography of some DNA samples. This was near the end of the day and we agreed to convene in this room before taking off for the day.


We gave talks yesterday the danish students. They were supposed to be a 10 minute summary of our plans and results. Here's a screen shot of my ppt.

Here is a picture of us in the kitchen working on our talks. Well, the one guy is drinking beer, but Elizabeth and I were working.


Lastly, here is a picture of my office.

The side of Denmark you shouldn't see!
Just kidding. Actually, nevermind, I guess I am not kidding.

We took Andy to dinner tonight because it was his last night in town. He had to get back for the start of high school. We rode bikes to a seafood restaurant, which turned out to be closed. We then walked about 20 mins to another place. The entrees were probably $45 per person, which was a little steep even for Denmark (but that includes tax and tip). I ordered vegetarian! It was plated very neatly, and the portions were extremely small. Surprisingly I wasn't hungry when I left. I paid cash, but the rest of the group wanted to pay on their CC's. When their visas came back rejected, they scrounged enough cash to pay. We walked back home with our
bikes (because we didn't bring bike lights) and called it a night.

1 comment:

Marcia Carter said...

Sooo....
What more adventures are you planning?

Maum