Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Denmark!

We left on Sunday, July 30 at around 3pm (after delays). We arrived on Monday, July 31 at around 1:30pm (again after delays). Four flights, a few of them long, several weather delays, and some lost baggage (not mine), and a couple airline meals later I am sitting in my apartment in Aarhus blogging about my trip. I did my best to stitch up a panorama of my room.

We got here, got settled in for a little bit. I took a shower, some of the others tried to track down their lost baggage, then I hit the store across the street for some jelly and bread for PBJs. We went for a walk a short while later and stumbled upon some very old boats in the harbor. A local told us it was a club for old wooden sailing ships. He offered to take us out sailing on a day when there would be better weather, so I think we're planning on trying to take him up on it. I took a picture of a jellyfish floating in the water. I saw 4-5 jellyfish in a 30yd radius.

We wandered around town for about 30 minutes looking for a place that might be tourist friendly and stumbled on a bar called Peder Wasser. Thinking it might serve some kind of fried bar food we walked in to a Danish cheers episode. You know the kind, where everyone knows your name (cuz it's either Jorgen or Jan). They looked at us like we were from another planet (which, of course, we were) and so we strolled out the way we came in. It wasn't really that bad, but they did drink and smoke heavily, with no sign of a kitchen so we did the next best thing. We went to Ziggy's Cafe. I got a chicken sandwich. It came with a side of peeled, fried, potates. Good tasting. After dinner we made our way back to the guest housing. I wandered for a few minutes trying to find a payphone but finally gave up. Came back, tried to read a book for a few minutes but instead passed out with all my clothes on and lights on.

1 comment:

michie said...

I am glad to hear that you made it! Looking forward to the updates.